Also, while at Target the other day (my favorite store for so many reasons, not the least of which is their awesome baby stuff) I was getting kind of nervous that maybe my shirt was a little low. I kept getting these looks from people and I was wearing a scoop neck shirt, so I asked Tommie, "Is my shirt too low or something?" He said that he had noticed people looking too....Then, in another instant, after another person walked by with that funny look, it dawned on him, "They're looking at your belly!" And so they were. The baby has made its appearance, and apparently everyone is taking notice!
There are a few internal downfalls to this business of baby-bearing however. I have recently become the burping QUEEN! Everything I've read and all the doctors I've spoken to say that during pregnancy indigestion is common-let me tell you, IT'S COMMON! I was so uncomfortable the other night after dinner...my stomach just felt really funny, and no matter which way I laid I couldn't get comfy. Finally I burped SO loud, and I felt great! I'm sure that's Tommie's favorite part of all of this...To see if I can counteract some of the down sides to pregnancy, I've decided to step up my physical activity. I was swimming laps for a while in my first trimester, but now that we've moved I don't have a pool I can easily do that in, so I've decided to do some workout DVDs! (it brings back memories of doing "workout" DVDs with Neesh and Tara in HH...) Anyway, I think these DVDs are pretty good, and it's funny because I definitely seem out of the age range of the people on them. I'm a little young I suppose.
I LOVE the Erin O'Brien DVD, although it's put together with weird production. She's funny
and uses things around the house like the couch and walls and stuff to do the different exercises. She even has a section where your "partner" can join you and help you work out. Needless to say, I have yet to get Tommie to join me, but he graciously said he would eventually, so we'll see how that goes. The Leisa Hart DVD can be a little boring, but the salsa dance section is pretty fun and actually gets you sweating a little without realizing it!If you're pregnant(and if you are, you should DEFINITELY have told me this by now) or know someone who is (far more likely), I would recommend each of these. I hear the more you exercise and the better shape you're in before labor, the better and easier it is. We'll see.
My belly continues to grow, and when Tommie gets back from being on tour with his brother Kenny in California, I'll steal the camera back from him and let you see just what I mean.
1 comment:
it's so crazy to think that your belly is getting bigger!!! i keep imagining little you with a massive bump! hah. we got your lovely card today. it's on my new magnetic dry erase board. :)
Post a Comment