Tuesday, March 09, 2010

So, the Dollar Tree...

Do you use Google Reader? I recently started to...it's a great way to check in on all of the blogs I follow without ever leaving the comfort of my cozy little gmail page. You should check into it. It's at the top left of your gmail homepage.

ANYWAY...
My sister-in-law, Brittany, shared an awesome blog with me via Google Reader. It's called Dollar Store Crafts. And, it's way better than you're thinking! For the most part the crafts are inspired by stores like Pottery Barn, Target, Anthroplogie, etc.(obviously there are some exceptions when you're working with a dollar.)

So inspiring are these crafts, that I made one already! These come from a crafter who shares her stuff with the DollarStoreCraft blog, but blogs more regularly here.

Check out my Easter-tastic Robin's Eggs:

This was the first batch I made. Here's the breakdown:
Blue and black acrylic paint-on hand, free
Styrofoam eggs, pack of 12(x2)-$2
Floral Moss-$1
Vase-$1

Not to bad! In fact, I liked them so much and had enough extra eggs, that I went back to the Dollar Tree and got another vase I liked. Also, this little yellow egg is how these robins' eggs started out. Here's the photo:
I want to be specific here though, these items are from the Dollar Tree, not any of the other dollar-type stores out there, I can't vouch for their goodness one way or the other. All I know is, my house has some super-cute Easter decor in it now thanks to this blog and the Dollar Tree!

I'm hooked and can't wait to see what inexpensive, easy, beautiful craft I make next. If you make any, post a link in my comments, I'd love to see!

p.s. If you're inspired to make more easter goodness that resembles the decor from Pottery Barn, check out "Dollar Barn Easter" in the following links: DBEpart1, DBEpart2, DBEpart3, DBEpart4, DBEpart5, DBEfinale -ENJOY!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

You should certainly give yourself a pat on the back, because...
-you made use of Google Reader per the recommendation
-spotted a craft you liked, bought the items, and COMPLETED the craft!
You don't give yourself enough credit with the whole starting/completing a project thing, so I thought I would perk ya up.

Oh, and thanks for the shout out.

Emily Marion said...

I LOVE my google reader. It been keeping in "the loop" for a couple of years now. I especially love keeping up with your blog!