YIKES! Does that title even make sense? I guess what I'm trying to say is: I HAVE A CALLBACK INTERVIEW!!! God is so faithful to me even in my disbelief or doubt.
The job I'm applying for is part-time copywriter for a company called StudentLife. The organization hosts camps and conferences and produces Bible study material for students. I'm in luck because they are based here in Birmingham and are in need of someone to produce copy for their Web site, promotional materials and in-house productions. I'm psyched because I think part-time is something I'm totally into right now... that way it won't be such a shock going from six months of no work at all. Anyway, the interview is tomorrow, Wednesday at 9 a.m.
In other news, I completed a book this week that was phenomenal. It's called Finding God Beyond Harvard, by Kelly Monroe Kullberg. It's about how we don't have to set aside our intellectual questions to believe in God and the saving power of Christ. Apparently the book corresponds to speakers and forums around the nation filled with top academics who are describing their science in the realm of God rather than the other way around. If this sounds interesting to you, and I hope it at least does to you Melissa, then check out the Veritas forums Web site.I think that's it for this morning. I'd write more...maybe something with an intellectual tilt, but I have to save all of that up for my interview assignment. I have to re-write some of the copy on StudentLife's Web site for tomorrow's interview. Seriously though, check out that book and let me know what you think....I think it's amazing!
Peace and Love,
*alisa*
3 comments:
boo...the internet is being weird. i left a comment but it isn't there.
anyway, horray for jobs! i'm so excited for you. this opportunity looks like a fantastic fit. best of luck on your interview!
amy (sister, heh) sent me an email from renee, the lady that works for new canaan society, and basically if we move to nyc by march 1st, i'll have her job. so maybe we'll move up there just for that even if david's stuff doesn't work out. i still need to find out how much it pays though. i've asked, but it always seems to get overlooked, hah. my fingers are crossed for a good amount, esp. with david's little money job. :)
looking forward to chatting.
love k
Alisa, Once again I am so happy for you . Good luck with youur interview.
Alisa,
Did you land the job today?
Post a Comment